Lights (High School)
Our youth group at St Thomas’ is called Lights.
[If you want to register for Summercamp 2017, please go to st-thomas.org.au/sc17/]
The best way to find out about Lights is to visit the website: lights.st-thomas.org.au. But here’s some basic information …
Lights is for guys and girls in years 7–12. We meet as a big group on Friday nights (during term time) from 7–9pm. Parents pick up during supper (9–9:30pm).
At Lights, you can expect to:
• Hear a Bible talk from one of our leaders.
• Meet in smaller discussion groups with other kids in your year.
• Play games.
• Enjoy a time of singing and prayer.
• Hang out together over supper.
Our youth also meet on Sundays:
• The juniors (years 7–9) have Daylights (Bible Studies and games) during the 10am service. They start in the church service (with their families or their friends) and head out for Daylights after the ‘kids spot’. During holidays they stay in the service for the whole time – they’re going to be in ‘big church’ every week when they’re adults – they may as well start enjoying it now
• The seniors (years 10–12) are members of our Evening Church congregation (starts at 5pm on Sunday) and also have Senior Bible Study at 3:45pm on Sundays during term time.
Lights is held in the St Thomas’ Memorial Hall on McLaren Street, North Sydney.
If you want more information, you can contact our Youth Pastor, Gerard O’Brien:
(02) 8908 4822