St Thomas Church is committed to safe ministry practices and ensure all staff and volunteers undergo safe ministry training on a regular basis. We are happy to provide information and dates of when next sessions are being run.
Dates of the Next Courses
The next safe ministry training course that will be run at St Thomas’ is:
- Refresher safe ministry training: TBA
- Beginner safe ministry training: TBA (church members only, please email email@example.com to indicate your interest in attending)
- Youthworks are holding their next training courses: June – 18/6/16 & November 2016 (please see Youthworks website for further details) http://www.youthworks.net/events/SMEvent
This is essential training for all involved in Ministry to Children and Youth, and leaders must keep up-to-date. If you have any queries, please contact the office or speak to Catherine Twyman, our Parish Safe Ministry Representative.
All leaders in children’s ministry at St Thomas’ need to complete the new Working with Children Check (WWCC), prior to commencing as leaders.
Steps for Applicants for the WWCC
- The applicant should fill out an online application at: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/Working-With-Children-Check/apply/-apply
- The applicant will need to nominate whether they are a paid employee or a volunteer. Under child-related sector the applicant should select “religious services”.
- Once the online application has been completed a WWCC Application Number will be issued to the applicant.
- The applicant must then take their WWCC Application Number and proof of their identity to the Roads and Maritime Services registry (formerly RTA).
- If the applicant is in paid child-related employment, an application fee of $80 will be payable. There is no fee for volunteers.
- Once the application has been processed, the applicant will be advised of the outcome by email. Most applications will be processed within 48 hours.
- The applicant should immediately provide your parish (email details to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your date-of-birth) with the WWCC Application Number in order for the check to be verified.
- After the check has been processed, the applicant will receive a clearance or a bar. Workers must receive a clearance within the time frames stated in order to undertake child-related work.